Saturday, December 1, 2007

Dollar Store Ruler

today was a busy day running errands. One of the things I was to buy was a ruler for my son. Fine. I bought two from a dollar store. When I get home, I am berated for buying the wrong kind. He needed a clear ruler with marks that go right to the edge. One of the rulers I bought was opaque. The other was clear but didn't have marks that go right to the edge. For this, my intelligence is insulted. I am told that I am useless. That I can't be trusted with money. That I can't be trusted to make decisions. That I am filling the house with useless junk. That my wife must keep her eyes on me at all times. I didn't complain earlier in the day when she dropped $50 on clothes that we didn't need! Why is she complaining about $2 worth of rulers? Her happiness is worth more than $50 to me. Why is my happiness worth less than $2?

No comments: